Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This and that



I haven't been posting all that often here lately. Life is pootling along, following familiar routines for this time of the year. I'm happy with this. Just not much that seems blogworthy. Just remember, they say no news is good news.
The vegie patch is at an in between stage. I really need to be ruthless and take out the summer veg so I can get winter veg in, but they are still producing with the beautiful warm weather. The beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini and pumpkin are all still going great guns. Only the eggplant and capsicum have slowed down for now, but they look very healthy. So they all have a reprieve for now. I'll have to do the deed and rip out plants soon, before it gets too cool.
So not much to report. I made Tracy's Spicy Zucchini Relish yesterday. I'm always on the lookout for different ways to use zucchini, and a spicy relish appealed to me. It's delicious, I had it on my cheese and salad roll for lunch. It also looks very cheerful in the jar. You can find Tracy's recipe here. You won't be sorry.

No comments: