Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On the sticks now

It's blowing a gale outside, and lashing rain. All I've wanted to do today is sit inside and knit. I mean, it's the only sensible thing to do, isn't it?
Small problem: I had no project on the go, having just finished the reversible wrap the other day. So I did what I had to do: I hijacked my daughter's knitting project. This is her first ever knitting project, a cushion cover in garter stitch in Patons Inca. Another no-brainer, but Inca knits up fast so I expect I'll finish this one off too soon. Fortunately, the daugher doesn't seem too perturbed I'v muscled in on her knitting.
Still, as this looks like finishing quickly, I'll  need to find a project to proceed with - July promises to be a blockbuster month for couch sitting/knitting. First, there is the Tour de France to look forward to (all that scenery, human and "real"!), then the London Olympics.
I noticed that Patons Inca is on sale at Spotlight, so I'm toying with the idea of a throw rug for my son. It's rather a big project, so I'm a bit concerned I'll lose interest before I finish it (always a knitting hazard for me).
What to next? Any suggestions?

No comments: