Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday miscellanea

Sundry items for a Friday:

  • Africanasussie and Cabbage Tree Farm asked what I did with the mega-mushroom from the previous post. Did we eat it, they asked. No, we didn't. I've been a bit funny about unidentified mushrooms. Recently, someone in Canberra died from eating a poison mushroom. So, no, that beauty was not eaten.
  • I got up today at 5.30am to wave the men of the house off to swimming training, and for the first time in yonks, I saw the moon. Amazing.
  • It's been a great day. I met Libby, fellow blogger from Life's a Journey not a Destination, for a catch up over tea and a poke around the shops in Berry. After what seems like weeks of rain, today was fine!!Without fail, every retailer remarked on the sunshine. Believe me, we've all been waiting for this day for a while. Lovely day with Libby too, who I've met through the net.
  • Returned home with dark clouds threatening and as I write we are getting another dump of rain. Sigh.
  • Twelve years ago as I write, I was delivering our daughter Amelia. At about 3pm I had been in second stage for two hours, and things were getting tense. I'll leave out the blow-by-blow detail I am sure you are relieved to know, but three hours later at 5.59pm, Amelia was born by emergency caesarean. The end of of a long day, I tell you.
  • Above, Flower of the Moment, a beautiful Bromeliad, propogated by Amelia in Year 3, so it's 4 years old, or thereabouts. Lives in a pot on the back verandah.
Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: