Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rock cakes - school must be back in

How many rock cakes have I made in my lifetime? Answer: A lot.
School is back in, and here is another batch. Myyounger child, Amelia, started high school on Monday. Monday night I was bagging up unneeded primary school uniforms to take in for the clothing pool. I had polo shirts too that were too tatty or too daubed with paint to include, so I sat and painstakingly cut them into rags. I had a bit of tear in my eye as I did. Primary school stage is over. Whoosh. How fast did that go?
I think every year has a different rhythm. This year I will have quiet mornings. Both children are out the door at 7.15am to catch the bus. They get home about 4.15pm, so there is extra quiet there too.
Meanwhile, I've dropped a day's work. I am very happy about this. Toward the end of last year I was tired and not feeling that well, really (as evidenced by negligent blogging habits). I was feeling out of whack. Another day to keep on top of things around here will make all the difference. I've also booked into yoga classes again for this term, after a break of 10 months, and have joined the local tennis club. I haven't hit a tennis ball in years - we'll see how this goes!
So 2012 is shaping up well. There is a lot to look forward to and be thankful for. Hope it is the same in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Wow - that is a long day by yourself. Sounds like you know what to do to take care of yourself. Oh, and I owe you an email about catching up :-).