Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Carrot salad

OK, so I don't blame you if you're thinking "Gee, Paola can't be up to much if she is offering up posts on bowls of grated carrot".
Fair enough. It is a bowl of grated carrot, festooned with poorly chopped parsley (must have been in a hurry that day), and a couple of pine nuts. But I post this recipe simply because this simple salad has got me out of "I don't know what vegetable to serve this with" moments, and "I have hardly anything in the fridge or garden to prepare" moments and "I have no energy to think. let alone cook"moments. A faithful recipe that has never let me down. Plus, it never fails to enliven any plate it graces. Enjoy.

Carrot salad

4 (or so) carrots, grated
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice (I just squeeze half a lemon)
1 crushed garlic clove
Sea Salt and pepper
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons parsely or mint, chopped

Carrots in bowl. Oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper in jar - shake it up! Toast the pine nuts and add to carrot. When ready to serve drizzle the dressing give it a good stir and strew with chopped parsley.

I could eats plateloads of this.

3 comments:

farcki said...

Looks great,how do you great the carrot so fine,Like what is your preferred grater?
Cheers

Paola said...

Hi farcki - I grate my carrots with the help of the shredding disc in my food processor.

Libby said...

Oh yum. I'm def. going to try this very soon. Thanks for sharing.