Sunday, February 20, 2011

A week of preserves - no pictures

Sheesh. I've tried on three separate occasions on three days to upload photos to Blogger and still haven't managed to. I don't know what the problem is, although I suspect it has something to do with my sleepy satellite broadband connection. (How sleepy is my connection? Put it this way, I always have reading matter next to the computer, so I can spend the time it takes to upload and download things profitably. Sleepy internet connections is one of the drawbacks of living in rural Australia. Roll on, National Broadband Network. I know my life will change when we finally get it, although I won't get through as many books).
Much as I prefer to post photos as well as text, until I sort this issue out, it will be photo-less posts.
This week has seen the start of the preserving season. We've picked buckets of tomatoes and figs, which I have turned into tomato relish, fig jam and jars of figs in grappa. Still managing to eat plenty of figs au naturel though.
We've also been picking peaches and grapes.
Seems strange to be posting about preserving and not have any photos to illustrate. I'll leave it there then.
BTW, if you are interested in either of the two books from the previous post, drop me a comment before Tuesday.

4 comments:

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

All sounds very productive there. Shame about the photo situation. Will just have to imagine all those jars of goodies ;-)

emilysincerely said...

HI! You sound like you are doing lot of preserving. I have started veggie seedlings and look forward to our spring planting here. The apple tree is the first to show its buds. It is only in its second year so I know I will be waiting awhile before I have fruit. Emily

kbenco said...

It sounds delicious.
Thank you for your kind comment on my post about shirring. I don't have any particular trouble with the buttonholes on my Husqvarna, I like them much better than the ones on my more modern and generally better behaved machine.
Karen

emilysincerely said...

I just popped back to see what you are up to. I read kbenco's comment. Someday I hope to re-figure out how to do a button hole on my 30yo sewing machine. I just ordered a manual so I can figure it out (I hope). What I did just figure out how to do is a Blogroll on my blog. Boy, am I challenged sometimes. Emily