Friday, February 4, 2011

Day of firsts

Normally I wouldn't publish a photo on my blog so badly out of focus, but today I make an exception.
Today I had my first ever blogger meet up with Libby, whose blog Life is a Journey not a Destination
I have followed for some time. We had a lovely morning chatting over a tea in the Berry Tea Shop, followed by a browse in Sew and Tell.
It was great to meet up with Libby. The internet is a marvellous thing, isn't it?
The other first is that this is the first time I have published a photo of myself (if out-of-focus) on this blog, apart from the tiny thumbnail in the side column. It made me realise how old that photo is (at least 18 months). Better get on to that. Maybe.









3 comments:

Sonia said...

I believe this is what you call 'the new direction' for your blog! I really enjoyed seeing a photo of you. And what a lovely experience for you.
It is most definitely time to change the profile pic!

Libby said...

So fun to meet up with you. I had a really lovely time and can't wait to do it again. My photo isn't blurry so I'll send you a copy (after I get some more sleep - it's 5am and I've been awake since 3am!!!!).

emilysincerely said...

Really like your new profile photo. I noticed it right away when I came over to peek and see if you were out there. Also, what a neat thing to meet a blog-friend. Makes the world a smaller place. Thanks for sharing - you both look wonderful.