Tuesday, November 23, 2010

15 Ducklings

Little things have been niggling lately. In my last post, I was bemoaning my moulding coffee beans. My last couple of days at work have been quite challenging, not to mention exhausting. Outside work, things have been crazy-busy and I'm longing for a chance to do some stuff I enjoy. Christmas is around the corner and this year I don't want to know. I've been feeling a bit peevish, and fear I'm turning into a grump.
Fortunately, in a nick of time, our Indian Runner duck hatched a clutch of 15 eggs, our first batch of ducklings ever. It's impossible to stay peevish when you watch the antics of these little cuties as they cavort around the yard.
Grumpiness averted!


5 comments:

Out Back said...

Now thats an Awwwwwwwww moment!

emilysincerely said...

Well, I can see why these little ones would put a smile on your face. How adorable! Sincerely, Emily

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

There's no other comment I can give apart from "awwwwww"!

Libby said...

How sweet. I've been enjoying watching the ducklings at the lake. I can only imagine how much sweeter it is watching (and patting) your own. That would definitely chase away the grumps.

Libby

Tracy said...

Very sweet. It sounds like they have hatched just in time to lift your spirits. Who can be grumpy with ducks and ducklings around. They are just too silly to allow grumpiness.
Keep happy,
Tracy