Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sinking feeling

If it's not one thing it's another.
Had plans today to order fruit fly exclusion bags for the stone fruit. Yesterday I checked out the trees and the fruit set has been pretty good!
But we might not be needing exclusion bags after all. Casting my eye over the blog just now , I see in the side bar a post from last year "How to make Bordeaux mixture". Bordeaux mixture is an organic mixture you spray on your stone fruit before bud burst. It's meant as a preventative to leaf curl.
I realised then with a sinking feeling that we forgot to spray this year. Life just got too busy in August and that one passed me by. Leaf curl - definite possibility.
Dang! Will we EVER get to eat our own peaches?

[Edit - All's well.When I shared this realisation with Action Man, he replied something like "My dear, while you have been impersonating a headless chook over the last month or two, I've been quietly going about my business, including spraying the fruit trees for leaf curl. " No wonder I call him Action Man. He's a keeper.]

3 comments:

Libby said...

Glad to hear it was all taken care of :-). DH is definitely a keeper.

Libby

achan said...

so there will be home grown peaches after all this summer!!

...and yeh for a man who thinks for himself!!!

Paola said...

Anchan..you are not wrong on that one.