Compared to summer, winter gets short shrift. I love it. Let me count the ways:
1. All my favourite hobbies - reading, sewing, knitting etc. - are best done in winter, preferably in front of a fire. In summer, these activities have me battling guilt. I always feel I should be outside "doing something" instead.
2. I love to cook but during summer I try to think of strategies to avoid putting on the stove and the oven, so I can keep the house cool. Winter, on the other hand, is made for cooking.
3. The foods I like to eat - soups, stews, baked pastas, curries - all taste better in winter.
4. Winter heralds a truce in the ongoing war against the dreaded fruit fly.
5. Spiders and snakes hibernate.
6. Ditto flies and mosquitoes.
7. I like dressing for winter better.
8. I sleep better.
9. The kids sleep better, going to bed at a reasonable times, instead of staying up far too late on school nights.
10. Weeds are not an issue in winter.Yay!
11. I hate exercising in the steam bath of summer. Exercise - whatever type - is far more enjoyable in winter.
12. I get to look at the lovely gordonia from my kitchen window.
So are you a winter or summer person?
NOTE: I am talking my local brand of winter here, which is relatively mild - 10 degree C is considered a cold day. I lived for a while in the UK and would not be waxing quite as lyrical about winter if I was still there...