Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Over summer

Well it's been a few days since I last posted, and I've just re-read this post from just over a week ago and laughed. Who was this woman? Where did she go? Because one week later this is what I achieved on Sunday:
1) sorted washing and did a bit of ironing while watching ABC's The Insiders, my one must-see- if-at-all possible programme.
2) sloped off into town to the monthly market to buy seedlings and lovely fresh Batlow apples.
3) exhausted from morning's activities, couch sitting and dozing - not even doing much reading - for most of afternoon.
4) Ignored seedlings that should really go in like, today...
4) Considered some low energy activities eg. sewing or knitting, but too tired to concentrate. Dozed some more.
5) roused myself from couch, still exhausted, and went out into garden with Action Man. Pointed out rogue weeds (eg. nine foot tall privet that was growing in a hibiscus) while Action Man did the work. Nonetheless, managed to fall heavily on tailbone in process. Ouch. Need to lie down for the rest of the day.

Why this sudden attack of the blahs? I have no idea - I'm not sick, I had a busy week but no ridiculously busy, I'm eating well.
I'm blaming the weather. It's been a long, hot summer here and the humidity has been horrendous. It's just leaching all the get-up-and-go out of me.
Roll on, autumn. You can't get here to soon.

No comments: