Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ouch


Nearly twelve years ago, I gave birth to my beautiful son. At birth he weighed 4880g or 10lbs12oz. So I have deep sympathy for the chicken who gave birth to that egg on the right. The "normal" weighs 64grams (I think 2oz, I'm completely metric). The gargantuan egg on the left weigh 120grams (4oz). I don't know which chicken who was responsible for this feat. They all look pretty normal today (I, on the other hand, took ages to recover, physically and mentally!)
Thank you Linda, at Remote Treechanger, for a Sunshine Award. Hey Linda, I love your new look too!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you. Hugs.

My last baby was 9lb 9oz I think. It took 4 babies to practise on. But that is not the same. Hope you had lots of ice/drinks.

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

lol oh that's a good comparison! lol

Sincerely, Emily said...

Look for the chicken with its legs crossed and hobbling about. When I pegged which one it was - she would get a huge hug and kiss! Emily