Saturday, March 14, 2009

GFC starts to bite

I don't know about you, but I am finding evidence all around that the GFC is starting to bite. Despite my self imposed media diet, news of the GFC and its effects is still there, just speaking to people going about my daily business. I'm hearing of emptying order books, enforced holidays, slashed hours, halved incomes and one or two lost jobs. I get the sense that the pedal is going to hit the metal in a big way with regard to frugal living very soon. Many of us won't have any choice.
Sobering times....

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, we have seen all that when my husband worked in IT in manufacturing. I can just imagine. When he worked in textiles we were facing stand downs, so my husband went back to teaching. Thought that was permanent work in Victoria, but found out last year that it is not as permanent as it seems. Never mind, we are happy for the moment, at least until the end of this year.

Was absolutely astounded at the advice given someone about our wage level in the AWW. Not the frugal advice I would have given.

Paola said...

Yes, I saw that article the other day when I picked up a copy at the doctor.